Friday 17 August 2012

Our Hope in Christ

Times are changing, not just within Policing but everywhere else too. The world’s systems are being shaken and the ones that are not of God are falling. We shouldn’t be surprised by this a thorough shaking is promised in Haggai 2:6 and reinforced and expanded upon in Hebrews 12:25b-27 where it states:

Now God is speaking from heaven. So now it will be worse for those who refuse to listen to him. When he spoke before, his voice shook the earth. But now he has promised, “Once again I will shake the earth, but I will also shake heaven.”  The words “once again” clearly show us that everything that was created will be destroyed—that is, the things that can be shaken. And only what cannot be shaken will remain. (Easy-to-Read-Version)

But we can be encouraged by the last phrase in the above passage; God is in control, any person, anything, that is of him will stand strong:

The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see. Hebrews 11:1 (The Message)

I am constantly touched and encouraged by the following song by Matt Redman, entitled My Hope click the link to listen to it on YouTube or if you can’t get it there the lyrics are below.

If you’ve not got it download it, stick it on repeat and just let the truth of the words wash over you and strengthen your soul. Take time to read the words through and think about the truth in them, we have the strongest foundation ever if we trust in Jesus.

Matt Redman - My Hope
Album: We Shall Not Be Shaken

My hope is built on nothing else
Than Jesus blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly live on Jesus' name

When the mountains are falling
When the waters are rising
I shall be safe in You
Though the nations are quaking
Every kingdom be shaken
Still I will rest in You

When darkness seems to hide Your face
I rest on Your unchanging grace
In every high and storming gale
My anchor holds within the veil

No comments:

Post a Comment